Monday, June 29, 2020

Mid Pandemic

We will spend the rest of our lives contemplating this time. 

And I wonder if my children will learn anything about the time pre-pandemic when they're in school. Of course they will learn American history by whoever ends up writing it, but how far into the recent past will they go? I am sure they will cover the birth of the internet and the rise of change brought on by technology, they will cover 9/11 unless of course whoever writes the history books of the future sees that differently. What will they know of the first 20 years of this century? What will my children learn about the times their parents lived in when they were born? I know my children in particular will hear about when Greece abandoned the drachma in favor of the euro, and the 2004 Summer Olympics, and then the crisis and then the refugees and then the pandemic.
....
Like I said, we will be pondering this time for the rest of our lives.


I was at Target today, first time in four months. The school supply aisles just didn't feel right, no one had rifled through the bins, there was no rush to put out the stock. But I turned the corner and saw a familiar box on the shelf.

I got one because this past week I started a new English Paper Piecing project and I think it needs its own box. 

I would also like to make a new pin cushion, because they're very useful and awfully cute, but we will see if those thoughts get cut out and put together.


Stay safe everyone and please Journal throughout the pandemic.

1 comment:

  1. Yep! We are certainly living through an event in history which will be remembered. My grandparents lived through the Great Depression and their experiences were passed on to my mother who then still passed those memories (and habits) on to me, decades later.
    Love the fabrics you are using....the only stitching/sewing I’ve done since all this started back in March, is 6 pairs of pj pants for a 2 year old...it was fun though.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...