Friday, March 21, 2014

Virginia Getaway

Last weekend we decided to take a last minute trip to see some friends in northern Virginia.  I eluded to it in my Monday post, and sure enough, we got caught in a snowstorm.  It was great to see our friends, and a quick shout out on Instagram pointed me in the direction of Finch Sewing Studio in Leesburg.  Eleni and I hopped in the car (leaving the kids with the husbands) and stopped by just as the snow started to fall.

The owner, Nicole, was very friendly (You can read her blog here, or follow her on IG-- @finchsewingstudio) and her shop is just adorable.  It has such a great atmosphere, I don't think my photos could capture how happy it feels just to be inside.

 It was great to go in with Eleni, who has been asking me to make a quilt for her wall for a few months now.  She isn't a quilter, and it was helpful to be able to talk about fabric, pattern, and design using the examples in the shop to get a better feel of what she likes and doesn't like.  I'm still thinking of what I might make..
I treated myself to some modern fabrics (bought in person, not online!  it was so nice!), and a few notions.  I finally got a hera marker, can't wait to put that to use.

We also discussed the possibility of my coming down for an event/signing/epp demo some time later in the summer.  I really hope we're able to make that happen.  I have so many online friends in the DC Modern guild that I'd really like to meet in person.  I'll let you know what we sort out.

3 comments:

  1. It soundalike a wonderful store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you came down for our snow storm last week and got some of Nicole's fantastic fabric in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to visit the Finch! If I wasn't feeling totally beached I would have loved to come down and meet you there! Next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...