Monday, December 2, 2013

2


I didn't mean to whine in yesterday's post.  Actually, I think I'm getting too old to complain.  Thursday is my birthday and I've been giving a lot of thought to it.  Time to grow up a little more.  Time to give more and take less.  Appreciate more and want less.  Time to stop complaining.
But just because I think about it doesn't mean it will be easy to do.

I've been whittling away at my to-do list.  If I make it to the post office today it will be a major accomplishment.  And at some point this week I need to buy George snow boots.
In with all the mundane household stuff, I have snuck in a few stitches.. 
 I started a new hexie pillow that I've been sharing glimpses of on Instagram.  It's for the workshop I'm teaching for the Long Island Quilters Society in January.  I like diamonds made of hexagons (funny, because I spent so many years making hexagons from diamonds..), but these are big.. one unit doesn't fold up well into my sewing kit and I'm still trying to figure out the best stitch sequence.  I'm really feeling the pinks though.  Last night I started following Amy Butler on IG.  I think I'm entering a girly phase-- appreciate more, right?  Who needs to search for something new to inspire and entertain them when there's already so many good things out there that I missed the first time around?  Maybe the key to my stress release will be to just slow down..

5 comments:

  1. Holidays bring me the most stress, so I don't blame you one bit for whining! But you are finding the best way to cope...those spring colors in your big diamond sing spring, which will be here before you know it!
    Happy Birthday and many happy quilting returns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the whining did a little good since you are moving on today with I hope a smile on your face. December is full of stress. Do less, enjoy more. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday is Thursday? My birthday is Thursday! Happy Birthday to both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I didn't think yesterday's post was whining, I had to go back and read it again today just to see! I've used quite a bit of Amy Butler now - I don't set out to choose her fabrics I'm just always drawn to them. Happy birthday for Thursday, enjoy your special day :D

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...