Skip to main content

Monday Morning Star Count 2014/18

Is it just me, or do these weeks just fly by?  I'm organizing our family calendar for the month and then poof~  all the sudden we're going to Greece just a few weeks from now.  It's hard to believe that I'll be sitting at the beach in a sundress in 45 days when right now I'm typing this post in my fleece pajamas.  How many Hexi-diamonds did I say I'd have done before then again??
Well.. let's just keep recording progress as it happens and before you know it, we'll all have finished quilts to celebrate.

This week I managed to baste and piece 3 more background units for the 7 Sisters hexie thingy (not really a quilt yet because it isn't going to get much bigger than this..its future is still uncertain).  Not bad.

Stitching in the car in the rain..
 Honestly, I had some setbacks this week.  First, I've been having pain in my right wrist.. it's not from hand piecing, that pain is different, but sewing seems to bother it too.  It's more than likely from using my phone (damn Juice Cubes and 2048!), but I'm trying to cut down and rest it so it doesn't get worse.  Subsequently, I've been working on some machine pieced projects which I hope to be able to share soon.  Stay tuned for that.  The second set back is that Netflix has taken Mad Men off the streaming list, and now I have to request and wait for the individual DVDs.  (!!!!)  What are we, in the stone age?  This is a huge inconvenience and a first-world problem that I shouldn't whine about, but come on!  I need my Netflix when I'm piecing while Jack's napping or while I'm waiting for C to get home.  Once I get into a show, I look forward to having it on as part of my stitching routine.. if it isn't available I get stuck and don't turn anything on, just stitching in a silent house.  Hopefully I can get hooked on something else soon.  Suggestions welcome. 

Comments

  1. Jessica my calendar for summer is already crazy too! sorry your hand & Netflix both bothering you, hope both go smoother for you this week. nice progress this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loveong that they just added House! I missed most of season 6&7 when it was on Tv! Almost done with season 7! Lol oh Bing watching and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your hand feels better soon! The elegance of neutrals still is amazing to me! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icky on the hurt hand! I hope that heals up quickly for you.

    I am totally loving the light value of the fabrics you're using in your current project. I loves me some color, but then something light and airy comes along and its such a nice change of pace. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are suffering - you might have to slow down and give yourself a rest! We might be impatient to see more of your piecing but we will just have to wait.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Quilt Story

**ETA-- Check out my completed Travel Quilt #3 here**

I don't know about you, but I check my blogger stats a couple times a day.  It's nice to see how readers find me, who has linked to me, and where they are.  In the last week though, there's been a gap, a hole.  I usually have at least a couple hits a week from readers in Japan, this week-- none.  Of course with such tragedy, I can't expect them to take time out (and use valuable electricity) to check in on my little ol' blog here, but still, the absence makes me worry about them even more.  I was thinking about how I can go back to  posting more about quilts but still satisfy my need to talk about Japan.. 

Victoria took this great photo of me at her retreat last weekend and I've wanted to write a post about it, and then it clicked, "Oh Yeah~" let's go back to the quilt that started me off on my EPP obsession..
Here we go.  Travel Quilt #1, aka "Ayane's Star" See, I was going to J…

Monday Morning Star Count, November 30, 2015

I have not even sewn one stitch this week.  I did manage to find my cutting table and mat, and it was nice to see them after what seemed like too long, but I didn't cut anything.  I didn't press anything.  I didn't do much other than ponder how I will organize my new space.

If you have stitched though, please tell us!
*****************************

Home Ec Club, November meeting

I found this great felt leaf wreath craft that I had wanted to make in the first meeting of the new group of Home Ec Club members.  I was completely prepared to have a well paced session for 9 students.. but 13 signed up.  My supervisor said, "Oh, you're getting popular"  but I think the truth is that the word got out that they get to eat in Ms. Alex's club, hehe.

So, quick change of plans.  We made cranberry sauce AND the leaf wreaths.  With short bread cookies and graham crackers.. sounds perfectly November to me.

xoxo