Friday, July 20, 2018

Chicago for the kids

I took the kids to Chicago for a short trip.  We don't go often and I really wanted them to get some quality time with my side of the family.  I also wanted them to experience being in the places and spaces that created my world as a kid.  My grandmothers' houses.  Their backyards.  Sitting at the same tables and seeing the same views as I did.  We also had a few outing/adventures, including a trip on public transportation.  I still chuckle that I feel totally comfortable taking public transportation alone in any major Japanese city, but trying to figure out how to get from my dad's house in the suburbs to downtown (a distance of 17 miles) was such a challenge.  Anyway, we made it.  We even attended a reunion for my high school singing group and they got to play with the kids of the people I hung out with 20+ years ago.  Memories made. Pictures taken.  Love shared.  I'm glad we went.



















1 comment:

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...