I decided to rearrange the furniture, just adding the thread holder wasn't going to be enough and I had an epiphany about where to put all the big furniture pieces and make better use of the space in the room. So I went from this:
and now I can..
-access a larger surface of my design wall
-protect my fabric from sunlight!
-use the walls to support a large quilt while machine quilting
And overall have a more productive space! This is very exciting. Of course some random junk was displaced in the move (the old air conditioning unit, my yukata collection, that huge previously-hidden tub of vintage fabrics..) and I still need to find a new set up for the iron, but hey.. all in time. Right now I'm very happy with it. :)