Skip to main content

Small Quilts

I'm a bit frustrated that I've only made small quilts so far this year.  I have big UFOs, and I have big ideas, but my time in the sewing room is still limited (though Jack did like it when I set up his floor mat play thingy in there), so I shouldn't be too hard on myself.


I am making this quilt for my cousin's baby, born just 6 weeks before Jack, way far away in Illinois.  I haven't seen this cousin for a long time, and I don't know if our sons will ever get a chance to meet each other, but I care, and want her to know that, so I'm making a quilt.  I don't quite know how else to bridge the distance between us.

It's a simple sashed four-patch, wavy line quilting on a diagonal this time.  Judging by how fast Jack is growing, little Jason probably won't be small enough to use this for more than another year or so, but I hope he likes playing with it anyway.
Oh, and I'm finally getting the hang of Instagram.  It's awfully fun and a heck of a lot easier to post progress there than it is to sit down, edit photos and write a blog post.  If you're on IG too, come find me.  (Don't worry, it won't make me stop blogging.  It's too hard to type the entire story behind a quilt on my phone anyway.  It's just for fun in between..)

Comments

  1. I cant think of a better way to show you care, than with a quilt, and a cute one at that!
    Did you get my email today?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Quilt Story

**ETA-- Check out my completed Travel Quilt #3 here**

I don't know about you, but I check my blogger stats a couple times a day.  It's nice to see how readers find me, who has linked to me, and where they are.  In the last week though, there's been a gap, a hole.  I usually have at least a couple hits a week from readers in Japan, this week-- none.  Of course with such tragedy, I can't expect them to take time out (and use valuable electricity) to check in on my little ol' blog here, but still, the absence makes me worry about them even more.  I was thinking about how I can go back to  posting more about quilts but still satisfy my need to talk about Japan.. 

Victoria took this great photo of me at her retreat last weekend and I've wanted to write a post about it, and then it clicked, "Oh Yeah~" let's go back to the quilt that started me off on my EPP obsession..
Here we go.  Travel Quilt #1, aka "Ayane's Star" See, I was going to J…

Monday Morning Star Count, November 30, 2015

I have not even sewn one stitch this week.  I did manage to find my cutting table and mat, and it was nice to see them after what seemed like too long, but I didn't cut anything.  I didn't press anything.  I didn't do much other than ponder how I will organize my new space.

If you have stitched though, please tell us!
*****************************

Home Ec Club, November meeting

I found this great felt leaf wreath craft that I had wanted to make in the first meeting of the new group of Home Ec Club members.  I was completely prepared to have a well paced session for 9 students.. but 13 signed up.  My supervisor said, "Oh, you're getting popular"  but I think the truth is that the word got out that they get to eat in Ms. Alex's club, hehe.

So, quick change of plans.  We made cranberry sauce AND the leaf wreaths.  With short bread cookies and graham crackers.. sounds perfectly November to me.

xoxo