Skip to main content

Monday Morning Star Count 2014/32

Not much to report this week, we've moved on from weaning issues to..night terrors?  This kid is full of surprises.  I'm grateful for all your kind words of encouragement, thanks for helping me through this tough period of parenting.
I pulled out the NYC Metro Mod group hexie quilt this week and don't know where to go with it..
I love that we have all worked on this together, but mixing everyone's stashes and everyone's interpretations of what is a "light" and "dark" has led for some blurred edges..
I think we've got two options-- unpick some areas and rearrange the fabrics, or keep the stars and diamonds as they are and add a ring of a solid dark color around all the stars.  This is easier it seems, because I don't have to unpick anything, but it means I've got to cut, baste and add all the same boring hexies.  What would you do?  The next guild meeting isn't until September so I've got some time.. but I'd like to have a clear plan at least by then.

Ok, who's got something to share this week?


Comments

  1. I think I would go with the solid dark hexies around the stars. I know boring, send out an SOS for some help with the basting, etc. I don't have any thing to share this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's tough. All the same would be miserable, if it's very big at all. And aren't you already doing all those black dotted ones for some other project? But then, unpicking, when you don't know where their thread ended could also be a nightmare.

    I'm hoping to put my count up at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would leave it - you could emphasise the dark light border with the quilting. But - I'm shocked - boring hexies? That's hexie heresy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with a dark border. Unpicking sounds terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No unpicking no not never!

    I quite like the light diamonds against the scrappy stars, I think once made up that the scrappy stars would look jewel like : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Quilt Story

**ETA-- Check out my completed Travel Quilt #3 here**

I don't know about you, but I check my blogger stats a couple times a day.  It's nice to see how readers find me, who has linked to me, and where they are.  In the last week though, there's been a gap, a hole.  I usually have at least a couple hits a week from readers in Japan, this week-- none.  Of course with such tragedy, I can't expect them to take time out (and use valuable electricity) to check in on my little ol' blog here, but still, the absence makes me worry about them even more.  I was thinking about how I can go back to  posting more about quilts but still satisfy my need to talk about Japan.. 

Victoria took this great photo of me at her retreat last weekend and I've wanted to write a post about it, and then it clicked, "Oh Yeah~" let's go back to the quilt that started me off on my EPP obsession..
Here we go.  Travel Quilt #1, aka "Ayane's Star" See, I was going to J…

Monday Morning Star Count, November 30, 2015

I have not even sewn one stitch this week.  I did manage to find my cutting table and mat, and it was nice to see them after what seemed like too long, but I didn't cut anything.  I didn't press anything.  I didn't do much other than ponder how I will organize my new space.

If you have stitched though, please tell us!
*****************************

Home Ec Club, November meeting

I found this great felt leaf wreath craft that I had wanted to make in the first meeting of the new group of Home Ec Club members.  I was completely prepared to have a well paced session for 9 students.. but 13 signed up.  My supervisor said, "Oh, you're getting popular"  but I think the truth is that the word got out that they get to eat in Ms. Alex's club, hehe.

So, quick change of plans.  We made cranberry sauce AND the leaf wreaths.  With short bread cookies and graham crackers.. sounds perfectly November to me.

xoxo